The mandate of KVK is Technology Assessment and Demonstration for its Application and Capacity Development. To implement the mandate effectively, the following activities are envisaged for each KVK:
- On- Farm Testing (OFT) to assess the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
- Frontline demonstrations (FLDs) to establish production potential of technologies on the farmers’ fields.
- Capacity development of farmers and extension personnel.
- To work as knowledge and resource centre of agricultural technologies.
- Provide farm advisories using ICT and other means of media on varied subjects of interest to farmers.
- Produce quality technological products (seed, planting material, bio-agents, livestock) and make it available to farmers.
- Identify and document selected farm innovations and converge with ongoing schemes and programmes within the mandate of KVK.